Parent Organization: University of Wisconsin - Madison
The mission of Atheists, Humanists, & Agnostics @ UW-Madison shall be to promote the discussion of faith and religion on the UW-Madison campus. Through our services and programs AHA seeks to educate students on issues important to the secular community, encourage the personal development of one’s religious identity, and provide a support group for those who may be struggling with issues regarding their faith or lack thereof.
The activities of AHA include, but are not limited to:
1) Establishing a Secular Peer Support system for the secular student community and for those who may be struggling with issues regarding their faith or lack thereof.
2) To raise public awareness and educate the campus community about secular issues with the intentional of generating societal, social, and institutional change through the Secular Issue Awareness campaign.
3) Sponsoring educational events, inviting engaging speakers, and fostering constructive student dialogue on topics relating to religion through the Freethought Speaker Series and Freethought Festival.
4) Collaborating with fellow religious student organizations on campus to foster a greater degree of mutual understanding between atheists and people of faith.
5) Participating in volunteering and service projects in order to do our part to make the UW campus and the world a better place.
Membership Requirements (for example GPA requirements, membership fees)
If you have Local, National, or International Affiliation, please list your parent organization here (e.g., Habitat for Humanity (UW-Madison Chapter) would list that they are an affiliate of Dane County Habitat for Humanity).
If you do not have any affiliation to a larger organization, type N/A.
If field reads "No Response", the Student Organization is in good standing with UW-Madison. This field is for administrative use only.